Tuesday, February 2, 2010

pro practice::dream job

Writing down my "dreams" in life has always been a difficult thing to fully articulate. 
A lot of my interests and desires often differ from season to season, but perhaps the most important thing I hope to avoid is being stuck doing the same thing. I don't want to be designing the same type of projects, until the major I'm interested in becomes nothing but a chore. But in regards to graphic design, I'm very interested in web and interactive graphics, and would love to end up with it as the focus of my career. With room for other things, of course. That's one of the things that drew me to graphic design in the first place, it's versatility. When we think about it, what ISN'T design?

As far as my own geographic location goes, I've always wanted to move towards the coast. (East or west is fine) Since my stay in Boston a year ago, I've become enamored with dense cities and their transit systems. Especially they're transit systems. Whereas native Bostonians often dreaded the morning commute, I enjoyed the simple act of traveling around. Although I suspect if I were to reside there, it would grow old quickly.
Also, the Museum of Science in Boston has a design internship program I wanted. But apparently, I need more "of a background in science." Okay.
I once came upon a small store that was literally FILLED with books. Nothing but endless piles of them, stacked into aisles, obscuring the single employee and cash register; a bound paper kingdom. If nothing else, I want to fill my apartment with books like that.



For now, I've compiled a list of things I enjoy, and hope that they are part of my future. (Well, some are a given.)
  • earl grey tea
  • scarves
  • subways
  • vinyl toys
  • paint
  • actionscript
  • css
  • maps
  • keys
  • museums
  • flea markets
  • travel
  • tiny books
  • web design
  • food
  • vintage watches
  • snails
  • trains
  • books

No comments: