Monday, November 10, 2008

sound&motion:: nonlinear flash process

During the initial stages of this project, I started by looking at different examples of my source material: comic books. Materials which I looked at included classic comic books such as X-Men, Captain America, Spiderman, webcomics such as Looking for Group, Ctrl+Alt+Del, or Penny Arcade, or flash websites such as Eco Zoo.






Some of the ideas I played around with in these sketches included a comic book spread layout, or one which consisted of a pile of comic books; with panels which could be interacted with.


I later moved onto color tests and layout tryouts in Flash and Illustrator. After the flash demo, I was able to quickly realized exactly what kinds of object-user interaction I was able to do, given my limited knowledge of Actionscript 3.0

One of my first directions, where the objects I had were arranged into a comic book strip form.
Playing with the layout some more.
Over the course of the last few days, I decided to rework my layout into a more open form: that of an artist's desk, cluttered with items you might find associated with comic book nerds and the like. I liked this approach more because it not only grants the viewer a more open setting, but my objects didn't feel as "confined" compared to when I simple had them set into square frames.


At this stage, I was tinkering around with different objects present on the stage, as well as the overall layout and arrangement.

Final project arrangement.

No comments: