Thursday, January 15, 2009

considering my collections

While I am not sure exactly why I collect some of the things that I do, there's definitely a sort of inspiration and tangible comfort drawn from amassing them. Some assortments I'm considering for the upcoming semester:






a.) vinyl toys - definitely my largest collection of "stuff." gleaned from numerous trips to booksellers, comic book stores, urban outfitters and online perusal.


(left: 'totem doppleganger' toy from kidrobot.)





b.) keys - with four total, this is still a budding collection of sorts.


(right: metal key made to promote the upcoming Coraline movie. I found them in a small Boston bookstore. The shopkeeper said I could take one, but I took three because I'm shameless like that.)





c.) scarves - at first acquired because of necessity. although now i can't imagine what kind of necessity would require a person to have seven scarves.


(left: a christmas present.)

No comments: