Sunday, April 13, 2008

_digital infograph


Preliminary digital version of my infograph. Incorporated dotted lines as connectors between the timeline and countries, Japanese names for icons (as suggested in group critiques on Friday.) The texture on the infograph's background is comprised of old parchment textures that I scanned it, with other miscellaneous crinkled paper scans layered on top.
One of the first things that stands out to me is the white of the icons. That color is present only on the timeline, and nowhere else. So currently, I'm trying to think of ways to perhaps resolve this.







In other, infograph-related news; I couldn't sleep on Friday night for whatever reason, and ended up making a very different infograph during this bout of insomnia:


It essentially graphs the amount of time I spend using Adobe Creative Suite programs, (Photoshop, illustrator, etc.) compared against other activities of my daily life. (sleeping, studio, etc) I really don't know why I chose a circular format; when you're infographing at 4am in the morning, one doesn't really dwell on details such as that.
Granted, there's a lot of problems with it...I'm probably misleading viewers into thinking I sleep, browse the internet and work in studio at the same time.

1 comment:

alicia rosas said...

This weekend when I was drawing China and Japan, I thought of you and laughed.

Love, Alicia

PS: Don't worry, I'm going to bed now.